First Time Home Buyer’s Insurance
Congratulations! Purchasing your first home is an exciting milestone and certainly something to be proud of. We understand that it can also be a little daunting with so many things to consider, including purchasing your first home insurance policy.
Our goal is to make the process as simple, straightforward, and stress-free as possible for you.
Still “just looking” for your first home? Our agents are happy to spend a few minutes talking you through your specific situation, completely free of charge. Certain things can impact the cost to insure your home (like a pool or a certain type of heating), so it’s great to run these things by an agent first to get an idea of cost.
We can make your life easier.
We know that saving money and having all your bases covered are your two priorities as a first time home buyer. Whether you are in the process of house shopping or you have purchased a home already, any of our agents would be happy to answer your questions.
Some of the most common questions asked by first time home buyers like you include:
We know this is an expensive time. We can work with you to make your home insurance policy affordable. Here are some of the questions we can help answer:
- When I’m shopping for a home, are there certain things I should consider that can influence the cost of home insurance? (i.e. a certain type of heating)
- Which discounts are available to me to make my policy most affordable? Should I think about combining my auto insurance?
- The home I’m purchasing is brand new or relatively new – will this save me money on insurance?
We don’t want you to just buy coverage. We want you to understand it too. Here are some common questions we can answer for you:
- How can I customize my policy to fit my unique needs?
- What does my policy cover and how is my coverage calculated?
- I don’t want any surprises down the road. Will I have sufficient protection in the event of X, Y, or Z event?
- Can you help me understand insurance terms like “deductible”, “liability”, “actual cash value”, and “replacement cost”?
You’ve got a lot on your place. We’ll take care of the details. Talk to us about next steps:
- Can you work with my real estate lawyer to set everything up?
- Can you keep me on track with a pre-closing timeline of what I need to do, what information you need, and when?
Want to speak with a real person?
Let us uncomplicate this process. One of our friendly agents would be happy to answer your questions. Simply leave your information below and an agent will get right back to you.